A Spanish take on a childhood favorite,this Manchego mashed potatoes recipe is a sure crowdpleaser.
From the time I was a child,one of my favorite foods has been mashed potatoes.Call me simple,but there was nothing better than a heaping bowl of my mom's creamy,buttery mashed potatoes.I would often help make them,sometimes choosing to mash the potatoes by hand,and other times whipping them with a hand blender.
When a friend suggested I add Manchego cheese to my family recipe,I was intrigued.Would the delicious Spanish cheese make these potatoes even better?I decided to give it a try.
The result?The most delicious mashed potatoes I've ever tried!These Manchego mashed potatoes make the perfect side dish (they're one of mySpanish inspired Thanksgiving 亚博竞彩下载recipes) or can be eaten on their own with a fried egg and sauteed vegetables on top (a mid-week favorite in my house).
See also: Roasted carrots with cumin and paprika
Manchego Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 lbs (900 g) of good mashing potatoes (I like Yukon Gold potatoes),peeled and cut in half
- 6 Tablespoons (90 ml) heavy cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) butter
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup grated Manchego cheese (I buy a very cured one for added flavor)
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water.Bring to a boil and then simmer until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with a potato mashed.
- In the meantime,heat the cream,milk,butter,salt,and olive oil until warm.
- Slowly add in the warm liquids while mashing.
- You can optionally whip the mashed potatoes with a hand blender for a smoother texture (don't whip too much or the potatoes might become gluey).
- Finally,fold in the grated Manchego cheese.
- Taste for salt and adjust if necessary.Serve immediately.
- To reheat,warm the mashed potatoes in the microwave and heat 亚博体育在线about ¼ cup of whole milk separately.Drizzle in the whole milk little by little until the potatoes are at the desired consistency.
What do you think?Will you be using this Manchego mashed potatoes recipe this year at the holidays?I'd highly recommend it 🙂